Friday, October 31, 2008

Yahoo Local are city and state params functioning

seems your not alone with this problem, try using the extended procedure
calls and compile them into one unit it worked for Roy at our Texas head
office, apparently it increased access time 3 fold!

good luck and keep us Posted

Senior advisory Team

Luc

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 5:40 PM, monsignorklaatu
<monsignorklaatu@yahoo.com>wrote:

> I don't know if anyone else notices, but city and state and zip code
> search params do not work for the local api
> I mean, i am trying to do something i thought would be simple, but
> this is hard. I have tried every combination and now I just to need ot
> know if they work. results are coming back from the Rest requests that
> are not correct.
> I mean, is the city, state, and zip code params disabled or weakened.
> I am frustrated. I promised a local community activist i would develop
> a little local search engine. but, i am at this for two weeks when i
> thought this would be 3 days maximum.
> I am uncertain as to why they dont work or why they are stated as
> still working when i get results that have elements which should not
> be included in the results with the REST parameters specified which
> you state on the website can filter out these results
>
> please someone from yahoo, tell me what is up.
> I mean, is it a junior api programmer thing or what?
>
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Yahoo! Groups 

No comments: